Yep, still doing the organic produce delivery thing, and loving it!
Both of the photos above were what I got last Saturday –
– easter egg radishes
– french tarragon (spatchcocked roast chicken, anyone?)
– arugula flowers (my understanding is that the whole thing is edible, who knew?)
– mandarin oranges (seriously, I’ve gotten these in my box from the same farmer every week for Months! This guy has some serially productive trees!)
– valencia oranges
– carrots (hidden under oranges, but they’re there, I promise)
– daikon radish (also hidden under oranges, but also there)
– and oh yeah, strawberries!
I was gonna have some kitchen fun this weekend, except that Hubby is, well, basically rebuilding my car, and . . .
. . . since my default setting is worry these days (it’s a just-post-cancer thing – hopefully this too shall pass, in its own time, of course, as is right and proper) . . .
. . . I decided to hang out with him, keeping him company, watching over his safety (I Already know he would Never knowingly compromise his safety Or let me drive a car that wasn’t safe), making sure he got fed, and generally being his parts bitch when necessary. Oh, and starting to knit a fantastic grey cowl (I know – the weather’s getting warm now, but for some reason I seem to a be a cold-weather-only knitter – shrug) for myself when parts-bitch-service was not required!
Hopefully those beautiful strawberries will survive long enough to be made into Roasted Strawberry Buttermilk Cake, but if they don’t, they’ll likely end up overripe and supersweet gracing some oatmeal or greek yogurt.
Stay tuned for upcoming Rebuilding a Mazda 3 posts!
Copyright Ridingthebcrollercoaster.com 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved.
- Garlic-Lemon Roast Chicken with Vegetables (mysecretlifeinthekitchen.wordpress.com)
- I Spatchcocked a Rooster Eunuch (foodandwinehedonist.com)
- Farmers start to harvest Mġarr’s delicious strawberries (timesofmalta.com)