– it’s films day! Every week or so, they take new films to make sure they’re treating the correct area according to the plan – you know, killing the tissue they mean to be killing. 🙂 So today was a couple minutes longer than usual, and I got to meet someone new (a she, but for ease of language, she’ll just be “one of my guys” going forward) who I guess is interning for a year or so at this facility.
– got the last of my parking validation tickets – thank the Goddess for small favors, right? – Okay, that’s just bitterness, pure and simple. Yes, it is nice of them to provide parking validation for my radiation treatments, they don’t have to do that. <sigh> Better?
Social Worker Visit:
– I was told after my treatment that the social worker was looking for me. So I did my post-treatment ablutions in the restroom off the main lobby waiting room and when I was done, she was there waiting for me. Thankfully, she asked me if I had a few minutes to talk instead of just launching into whatever she wants to talk to me about. Unfortunately, after traffic making me late to work, and spending a few extra minutes with one of my guys to receive the balance of my parking validation tickets, signing the paper saying I had received all of them, and waiting ’til he copied the paper that I signed saying I had received them all for me (some call me the “Paper Nazi”), the answer was actually ‘no,’ as I had to get back to work. She accepted that gracefully (yay!) and said she’d catch up with me tomorrow. So, tomorrow when I head back to my guys (assuming I get there on time – which is Exactly why I built in time between being there and getting to work – I was On Time to work today!), I’ll let the waiting room receptionist know I have time to see the social worker, so stay tuned for tomorrow’s episode of Radiation Therapy Journal!
– lightheadedness/dizziness as I’m walking from my car to the elevator in the parking garage at work. Hm, had a little (and I do mean little – only about 100 calories or so) bite on the way to RTher this morning. Is it a food thing, or something else. I also took the anti-nausea meds 30 min before RTher this morning and yesterday (also had lightheadedness yesterday). Hm, side effect of the meds? Must look up same online.
– lots of energy today, but it was getting perceived by my mind as anxiety (maybe ‘cuz I was anxious about wanting to get my vote in!). Why after so many days of fatigue claims am I now having extra energy? Last night’s acupuncture must have been it. There is a program of integrative medicine at the Disney Family Cancer Center, including acupuncture, which I’ve been getting on the Mondays of non-support-group weeks (I figure I can do 1 “extra,” as in not-strictly-required-but-still-helpful/recommended thing each week, but not more, so I’m staggering acupuncture and support group). As Disney participates in many teaching programs with other institutions, including acupuncture, I’ve been getting treatments from students (supervised by someone fully-trained of course) on their 10-week internships. I really like the student I’m working with now and would love her to stay (being treated by students saves me $15 a treatment), but I’ll just enjoy it while she’s here, and I’m sure the next one will be good too. So, she worked last night on first, giving me more energy, and second, some pain relief – hence this notation and the next! 🙂
– less pain than before, until about 3:30pm when it started up again, but still less throughout the evening – Yep, the acupuncture again. Maybe I should ask for this treatment combination again in two weeks.
Copyright Ridingthebcrollercoaster.com 2012 All Rights Reserved.