– I was late Again this morning, but Not as late as they were (Please see “Schedule: Week of November 5-9, 2012.”)
– Otherwise, nothing really except being chilly this morning when I peeled down to skin (makes it sound sexy, doesn’t it?) for the deal so my female “guy” considerately offered, then got me a heated blankie (well, for from the navel down at least, but it did help and it was very nice of her to offer so quickly after I mentioned it was chilly!)
Social Worker Visit:
– I had planned to find her after my treatment. Apparently, the waiting room receptionist let her know I was here and she found me in the interior waiting room while my linear accelerator was misbehaving this morning. So we chatted. She was very nice – basically just wanted to make sure I knew whatever assistance resources I needed (transportation & some other stuff I likewise don’t need – at least not today) were available to me if I Did need them. Just a basic meet-n-greet, so if I needed her and/or the services she could hook me up with, we’d already know each other. Very nice.
– While I was sitting there with the social worker (since I don’t gown up every day, so I was in my street clothes), someone who clearly works there saw me Not gowned and asked if I was a patient. As I was in the middle of a sentence in conversation with the social worker, I answered ‘yes’ without thinking and went back to my conversation without missing a beat, as they say. Afterwards though, I thought about it. My first thought being “I know why you’re asking and I Hope you Don’t go there with Me!” (Please see “Schedule: Week of October 29-November 2, 2012.”)
– lightheadedness/dizziness again, twice: once walking out of the Disney Family Cancer Center to my car right after RTher this morning, and again this afternoon just by getting up from my desk and walking down the hallway. Okay, so not a side effect of anti-nausea meds ‘cuz I didn’t take any this morning (supposed to be taken 30 min before radiation which is smack in the middle of my drive To radiation – yes, that means I drive an Hour to RTher Each Morning) as I was too busy just trying to get there on time. I’m still left with is it a blood sugar thing, or now maybe just another side effect of radiation therapy nobody bothered to tell me about?
[In case you’re thinking, as I repeatedly speculate about causes of things and what’s happening in my body/life as I go through this, that I should instead just look it up or ask someone – try walking my walk and Then you can decide I’m being lazy, or using my disease as an excuse for how much I’m Not getting done in my life right now. Hm, that previous sentence right there just may be called projecting by some, and I’m not sure they’d be wrong. Ok, time to be kind to myself, and get back on track with this post.]
– more energy and less pain (at least until 3:30pmish) again today. I’m going to go ahead and credit the acupuncture and hope to hell it lasts until my next treatment. I’m well aware of the fact that my feeling better about the things I asked her to work on could very well simply be the placebo effect . . . but even if it is, does that really matter? 🙂
– and we have a new one today, or at least it got noticed today – Lefty’s areola is huge! Okay, I’ve never had big ones. I used to say they just never grew up and when they were the same size I was mostly okay with that. This remained mostly the same it seems to me pretty much up through the beginning of RTher. And then this morning the left one is twice the size of the right one! Fabulous. I hope this change is not permanent, though I have been warned that some of the skin changes during RTher may indeed be permanent. Um self-pity warning – I’ve gone through a lot Already to try to come out symmetrical on the other end of this bullcrap – if this is permanent, it’s gonna suck!
Copyright Ridingthebcrollercoaster.com 2012 All Rights Reserved.